Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Slender Stalking

So I was being Slendy again today. I stalked a few kids; a little boy with brown hair brown eyes and a little girl with black hair hazel eyes were today’s Targets. Before you jump to your conclusions, I would just like to say that whatever you may think is wrong. I am not a creepy pedophile, I am just trying to get inside Slender Man’s head and figure out how he works. I think I’m onto something right now, and the whole stalking thing is just a way of seeing how he works. I know you aren’t convinced, but I’m sorry. And besides, it’s completely benign stalking; Slendy himself seems to stalk without the intent to act sometimes.

They were at a jungle gym, and the terrain was vaguely woody there so using cover was fairly easy. I’ve been practicing at different places, and I think I have the distance part down pat, it’s just location and blending in that gives me slight trouble. I’ve tried to switch it up between conventional hiding and ‘Slender Stalking’ to get experience with both.

Regular hiding is the one where you use your environment and surroundings to escape line of sight, and is usually the only kind we humans ever attempt.

Slender Stalking is a bit more of a metaphysical thing, and I’m not sure we’re fully capable of it like Slendy is. In it you do use the environment to a degree, but the rest of it is all mental. I think it has something to do with unconscious posturing. Mankind has always been a species that communicated through body language, and even if we aren’t consciously aware of it we are always letting off or picking up signals.

My hypothesis is that Slender Man, who is not a human but merely something in the human shape, either gives off these threatening body signals erratically (causing him to be unnoticed sometimes) OR he’s in perfect control of them (consciously) and actively chooses whether or not he is spotted. I honestly hope it’s the former, because the latter would add a whole new level of “OH SHIT!” to the mix.

I think that when we physically see him lurking in the distance or the backdrop of our vision, the deciding factor of whether or not we actually NOTICE him ends up being whether our unconscious mind perceives any threat from his body language. Kind of like how you are more likely to notice the guy with a gun in his hand before you notice the guy with a banana. It’s all in the unconscious perception of threat. Simplified and inaccurate hypothesizing, but you get what I’m trying to say right?

Now, just think about what that would mean if he has perfect control of his posture; he may be able to CHOOSE when we notice him (at a distance only, as once a certain distance threshold is met we seem to automatically notice him). On top of that, we all know Slendy tends to mess with people’s minds right? What if he manipulates that unconscious part of our minds into not noticing him. It wouldn’t be outright invisibility, but it would be EFFECTIVE invisibility. He could be stalking us FAR more than we think he is, and that scares the shit out of me. Then again, it seems like sometimes he doesn’t seem to expect you to notice, so the possibility of other things being right isn’t gone yet. And it’s all just a hypothesis anyways.

Anyways, I’m improving at controlling my own unconscious signals. I think. It’s pretty difficult to do, but since I’m good at deluding myself (wow that flaw actually came in handy) I think it’s easier for me to control them. No way I can check though since I’d be a MORON if I walked up to some children and asked if they noticed me watching them. I’d look like a creepy pedophile, which I am not. All the same I haven’t just stalked kids, I’ve tried adults and the like as well. I’m pretty sure that if some of them HAD noticed me they would have said something.

As a fairly devout follower of M’s rules I won’t do anything if the terrain gets TOO woody, but I’m still pushing the envelope all the same. I may be trying to get in Slendy’s head, but I’m not dumb enough to give him home field advantage in the process. He’s only forced me to physically abort my practice twice, but the second time he nearly got me. I seriously shat brix when I saw him less than ten feet away and proceeded to fucking bolt. I’ve had close calls before, but that was the first time he got that close and I was sure I would die since there was no High Ground nearby. I almost skipped town that night but realized it would be playing into his hands and left the next morning instead. 

I’m so glad I did Football, without the kind of endurance I got from practice and the offseason I’m sure I wouldn’t have gotten away from him so many times. I wasn’t a Runningback or anything, I actually played Defensive End. Sure I wasn’t a starter but I think I did pretty good in games. Got a few sacks at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment